Monsoon Series Comfort Food – 1/30
When its pouring outside, a warm savoury soup or porridge will be the perfect companion. Put that soup in a bread bowl topped with cheese; you got your self the perfect company during the rains. In this recipe, part of our monsoon comfort foods we cook up a delicious vegetarian breadbowl soup made of soya granules that is quick and easy. The breadbowl is a good way to serve the soup but it is obviously not mandatory for this soup. The Soya keema soup can relished as is or you can go with some fried rice since it is a viscous soup that makes a good ‘gravy’ as well.
For Soya Keema Soup you will need:
- Granulated Soya
- Onion paste
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Veg Broth
- Green and yellow capsicum
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Masala powder
- Chilli powder
- Green chillies
- Strong cheese like Cheddar
Total cooking time: 25 mins
- Preheat Oil. Add ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for 3 mins.
- Add diced onions, green chillies, saute them for 3 mins
- Add cumin, coriander, chilli and masala powders into the saute.
- Add diced capsicums cook for 3 mins
- Followed by soaked soya
- Add enough veg broth to submerge the soya and veggies. Bring to boil.
- Add some flour mixed with water to thicken the soup.
Since we have freshly made burger buns inhouse at Basil Cantina we are scooping out the guts of the buns and filling it with soup. We garnish it with paprika and cheddar cheese. Enjoy before you mush up the breadbowl.
This soup meal was thoroughly enjoyed by the team, especially with the cooler, wet climate outside. The bread goes really well with the soup and I would really like to try the same rich soup with a rice of some sorts. Go ahead and try this recipe while it is still raining.
Subscribe or register to stay tuned to our Monsoon recipes